49 organizations from across Massachusetts are calling for swift passage of reforms to protect the right to vote in time for the 2012 elections. They recently sent a joint letter to State House leaders demanding reform now. The organizations, ranging from MassVOTE to Boston’s League of Women Voters to the Springfield Institute, urges legislators to:
- Let teen citizens pre-register so they can vote the day they turn 18.
- Let citizens fill out registration forms online and then print, sign, and mail them in.
- Let citizens print out blank forms from .pdf files.
- Let citizens register to vote online.
- Let citizens register and vote on the same day.